Position: Warehouse Associate Location:
Availability: Immediate Summary: Looking for a talented, ambitious, goal-oriented candidate that has the potential to be a successful, high-level player within our organization. Our rapidly growing distributorship demands that we add to our team. We currently have (6) locations, which include Houston, TX, Beaumont TX, Corpus Christi, TX, New Orleans, LA, Columbus, OH, and our headquarters located in Evansville, Indiana.
This is a fast-moving position with a well-run, innovative, and successful distributorship. The following describes what we are looking for and the job description for a Warehouse Associate: Job Description: Are you a detail focused, hard-working, individual looking to take the next step in their career? Are you able to lead a team to get goals accomplished quickly and correctly? Can you see the opportunities for improvement in a system and take the initiative to fix them yourself? Are you goal-oriented, career focused, and constantly seeking to improve yourself? Do you thrive in an environment of clear expectations for results and the autonomy to make your own decisions? Do you seek an environment with the opportunity to grow, advance, and develop? If you answer yes to these questions, our Warehouse Associate position may be just the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we will provide clear training and expectations, and give you the direction and guidance to be successful. The position requires high attention to detail, concern for the correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The person in this position will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined and organized. This role requires a faster-than-average pace which will be the norm for this position. We strive to continuously improve our operational excellence and seek strong leadership skills, interest in technology, high energy and enthusiasm.
Warehouse Associate- Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Receive inventory into the warehouse via freight and small parcel carriers • Embrace organizational values and operates within those values
• Work with freight carriers to resolve disputes regarding missing and damaged product
• Correct and properly document inbound shipping errors, notifying all relevant parties
• Monitor and track daily shipments for integrity, accuracy, and validity
• Understand existing processes and act to continually refine and improve • Fills orders by identifying item(s) requested, pulls item(s) from stock inventory, packs & labels item(s) per company policy,
• Process transfer orders and prepare for shipment per company policy, update transfer order status in warehouse data system per company policy
• Maintain safe & clean working environment per company policy
• Make appropriate entries into driver and vehicle inspection documents when operating company delivery vehicles
• Make deliveries as required, process delivery manifest(s) per company policy
• Report any client problems or concerns immediately to supervisor, perform walk through on all areas (items) that fall under company responsibility, communicate with all client personnel (tool crib attendant, store room attendant etc.) on any additional needs or concerns Qualifications: Qualified applicant will at a minimum:
• Graduated high school or passed an equivalency test
• 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
• High proficiency and comfortability with technology
• Be a quick and curious learner, display ambition and energy and be prepared to take on leadership roles
• Good attendance, punctuality, and a professional attitude are mandatory
• Trained in the operation of a sit-down forklift
• Some experience driving delivery vehicles (cargo van, box trucks)
• Strong multitasking skills in an environment with frequent deadlines
• Computer literate (PC).
• Operate standard office equipment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially with Microsoft Excel
• Accurate alphabetical, alphanumeric, and numerical filing Applicants must be eligible to work in the US, hold a valid driver’s license, and be able to climb ladders, lift up to 50 pounds, work at a computer/desk for extended periods, and function in both an office and warehouse environment.