The Senior Project Engineer assists and supports the Area Manager on assigned projects. The position works under direct supervision, performs routine daily activities and gathers and distributes information. Senior Project Engineers may be assigned to specific work activities relating to Underground or Paving divisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs;
- Provide value engineering and request for change (RFC) to the base design and determine requirement throughout and entrepreneurial spirit by identifying cost saving for alternate design and construction methods
- Identify risk and risk engineering track record with strategic planning and focus on standard, codes, QA/QC Plan, schedule and time management
- Provide engineering support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, site inspections, and provide high quality and timely technical assistance for the proper corrective action as required to meet the project objectives; etc.
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc., in support of overall project schedule.
- Track and inspect material deliveries;
- Assist in preparation of monthly owner project status reports, as required;
- Attend project meetings, as directed by Project Manager and California Licensed Professional Engineer;
- Assist with proposal and contract preparation, client communication and negotiation;
- Assist and/or complete project close-out;
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge of Primavera;
- Broad understanding of industry;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong client service skills;
- Basic math/accounting skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to understand and follow directions;
- Good time management skills and organizational skills;
- Ability to read drawings and specifications.
- Flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent.
- Paving and Underground experience highly desired.
- 2 to 5 years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc., plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
Spectrum, Microsoft Office Suite,
LICENSES, AND CERTIFICATIONS
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Drug/alcohol test (negative test results).
- Background/security clearance (if applicable).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.