We have an amazing opportunity for a Production Specialist I role in Hillsboro, Oregon. A THC-friendly company. This would be an amazing opportunity to get in with a great company with amazing benefits when you convert to being a permanent party! Join us on our journey & let NEXTAFF of Beaverton help you grow!
What You will Receive:
- Pay: $21.50 – 25.60 (DOE)
- SIGN ON BONUS $1,000 - $1,200 Depending on Shifts and Team
- Varying Shifts
- Payday every Friday
- Medical, Dental, Vision Available
- Proper training in how to do your job
- Unlimited referral bonuses
- Located in Hillsboro, OR
What You will Be Doing:
- May perform advanced set up and/or operation one or more of the following machine(s) concurrently in assigned area under very limited or no supervision: CNC Lathe, CNC Mill, Hone, Bandsaw, Surface Grinders, Chamfer Grinder, Radius Grinder, Swing-arm Drill Press, various Mechanical Presses, Universal Grinders, Manual Lathes, ISO Press, Lap Machine, Double-headed Lap Machine, Polish Machine, Tumbler Machine, Sandblaster, Pressure Caster, Blanchard, Wash Line, Manual Drill Press, CNC EDM, Vertical Mills, Ultrasonic Mill, Centerless Grinder, ID Grinder, Thumping Machine, Microblast Machine, Manual Mill, Slicing Machine, Cut-off Saw, WaterJet, Laser Machine, Injection Molding Machine, Turning Center, Machining Center Horizontal, and Robotics.
- Possesses advanced understanding of established procedures and applies this knowledge to unusual and complex production problems (i.e. fixture fabrication, design tooling, set up of process flow, wheel selection).
- Is the recognized expert and may be sought out to perform leadership duties as necessary
- May perform basic machine adjustments, if necessary.
- May read and interpret drawings and blueprints to determine machine set-up and production methods.
- May visually or mechanically inspect parts for defects (cracks, chips, dimension, surface finish, etc.) as part of in-process inspection; records results and notifies lead/supervisor of deviation as appropriate. May use one of more of the following for measuring and inspection: Tape Measure, various types of Micrometers and Calipers, Profilometer, Height Gauge, Optical Comparator, and Coordinate Measuring Machine.
- Understands and meets or exceeds quality standards; seeks to minimize reject rate.
- May be required to perform some simple machine preventative maintenance functions.
- Keeps machines clean; notifies supervisor or maintenance when machine abnormalities occur.
- May use the manufacturing computer system for basic departmental functions, such as entering part transfers and scrap; reports any discrepancies to lead or supervisor.
- May be required to interpret intermediate control charts and simple capability studies within Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May work any and all shifts/days as required.
What You will Need to Have:
- HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience of 5+ years
- Minimum of 2 years ceramics manufacturing
- May be able to perform advanced math skills, i.e. algebra, trigonometry.
- May be required to learn the use and application of Statistical Process Control (SPC). Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity, requiring extensive knowledge in a wide range of product specific manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds Position Specific Title and Responsibilities
- Complete Measurement and Drawing Basics training or equivalent.
Subscribe, Follow, Like, Tweet Us!