Press Operator Apprentice (Swings)
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
What You’ll Receive:
· Starting pay 14.50/hr.
· Paid every Friday
· Medical, Dental, Vision Available
· Possible overtime pay when needed
· Swing shift 10 hours (4 days - 10-hour shift, 3-day weekend) 2:15PM-12:45AM M-Th
What You’ll Be Doing:
· Mount plates on plate mounter.
· Stage dies/tooling, inks, plates, stock if needed, etc. for next job or copy change.
· Cooperate with press operator in any additional set-up procedures.
· Assist as needed in cleaning ink pans, doctor blades, plugs and scrapers.
· Return plate cylinders, ink jugs, and press parts to proper place.
· Assist in cleaning ink spills immediately upon occurrence.
· Replenish supplies of cleaners and solvents at press side in correctly labeled containers.
· Respond immediately to operator request for ink, paper, etc. during press run.
· Replenish core boxes at the end of presses.
· Keep stock staging area behind press clean and organized, sweep area if it needs it. Additional rolls put away in warehouse.
· Remove unused pallets.
What You’ll Need to Have:
· Basic writing and verbal comprehension required.
· Strong attention-to-detail
· Ability to handle constant deadlines and changing priorities.
· Good hand-eye coordination.
· Position requires frequent mobility.
· Must be able to lift and carry moderate to heavy loads (up to 50 lbs. frequently; over 50 lbs. occasionally) with or without assistance.
Production environment with mild seasonable temperature variations. Some intermittent exposure to loud noise. Hearing protection and other personal protective equipment provided.
Nextaff Email: email@example.com