We have an amazing opportunity for Operating Room Nurses in Houston, TX. Are you an RN dedicated to an OR department (Liver Transplant, General, Neurosensory, GYN, Kidney Transplant, ENT, Plastics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics)? Join us on our journey & let NEXTAFF help you grow!
What You will Receive:
- Pay $84,186 to $120,000/yr ($40-57/hr)
- Full benefits
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Proper training in how to do your job
- Unlimited referral bonuses
- Sign-on Bonus: Varies
What You will Be Doing:
- The Registered Nurse (RN) IIB position is a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner's model of clinical practice.
- Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
- Conducts nursing assessments, assists with exams and treatment, and maintenance of medical records.
- provides professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducts nursing assessments, assists with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records.
- provides direct patient care effectively and efficiently which may include patients with varied and complex needs.
- communicates and collaborates with the physicians and interprofessional health care team to facilitate, coordinate and maintain compassionate, efficient, quality care and achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- demonstrate clinical competence when providing care, using technology, administering medications, performing procedures and managing emergencies, acting as a patient and family advocate in order to monitor and maintain patient rights.
- assume leadership roles with progressive responsibility including but not limited to participating in or leading unit and shared governance initiatives, serving as charge nurse or preceptor to students or new employees, and possibly contributing to service line or hospital-wide initiatives in partnership with management.
- This job code is reserved for RNs who are dedicated to an OR department.
What You will Need to Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited School of Nursing (BSN)
- 1-2 years Nursing experience
- Operating Room Experience
- ANCC - American Nursing Credentialing Center
- BLS - Basic Life Support
- TX State RN License or Compact RN License