We are looking for a knowledgeable, detail-oriented Audio-Visual Technician to join our team. The responsibilities of the audio-visual technician include transporting equipment, setting up cameras, lighting, and video equipment, editing and copying videotapes, and ordering inventory.
Audio Visual Technician Responsibilities:
- Transporting, setting up, and installing media equipment and audiovisual support tools, including speakers, monitors, cameras, and equipment racks.
- Setting up and performing electrical wiring, programming, and basic construction according to layout diagrams and schedules.
- Developing good relationships with clients to keep production moving and to help out production or event coordinators.
- Running tests on videos, audio, and signals and troubleshooting any problems that arise.
- Meeting clients' standards by handling equipment malfunctions and executing a flawless event.
- Disassembling equipment, wiring, and support tools in a safe manner.
- Performing inventory management on equipment, wiring, and accessories.
- Carrying out any cleaning, maintenance, or repairs on audiovisual equipment.
- Generating expense reports for management.
Audio Visual Technician Requirements:
- An associate's or bachelor's degree in audio visual technology or a related field.
- In-depth working knowledge of camera and lighting techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of audiovisual editing equipment and software.
- Excellent computer and troubleshooting skills.
- Creativity, attention to detail, and flexibility.
- Strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Physical fitness to transport and set up heavy equipment.
- Good hearing and eyesight.