Biloxi, MS 39530
Nextaff Gulf Coast
- Knowledge of clinical procedures and practices.
- Knowledge to communicate effectively with patients, providers, co-workers, and the general public.
- Skills to carry out job duties in an effective and appropriate manner.
- Effective time management skills.
- Skills to organization of supplies and materials.
- Proficient in following and giving oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines and keeping patient and staff information confidential
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during the workday.
- Works up patients in accordance with current workflow.
- Provides assistance to clinicians during examinations and treatment procedures as required.
- Processes provider orders in accordance with current policy and in a timely manner.
- Obtains correctly completed consents and other forms requiring patient or parent signature.
- Performs vision and hearing tests, EKGs, injections, immunizations, CLIA wave testing, and other nursing procedures.
- Assists in the laboratory as directed by Practice Manager or Director of Nursing.
- Maintains necessary files, records, and logs.
- Documents in EHR completely and accurately according to workflow.
- Keeps examination rooms and work areas prepared and maintains adequate supplies.
- Acts as an advocate for the patient and family.
- Provides patient and parent education as directed by Medical Provider.
- Screens and processes requests for information and services through telephone and in-person triage and must document in EHR Telephone template.
- Professionally interacts with patients, providers, coworkers, and the general public.
- Actively and effectively communicates status, progress, and needs to Practice Manger or Director of Nursing
- Actively assesses the security of patients, staff, and the facility, and provides reports of problems to Practice Manager or Risk Manager.
- Supports performance improvement activities and policies.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- May be required to work beyond normal hours, in other specialties, or different locations as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.