Mechanical Inspector (AZ)
Phoenix, AZ, US
Recognized as a premier manufacturing solutions provider of manufacturing services for the semiconductor capital equipment market. We specialize in build to print, precision machined components, anodization and engineered thermal spray coatings.
Perform precision mechanical inspection of machined parts and incoming materials to verify compliance to specification. Ensure conformance requirements through the use of calibrated measuring equipment and visual inspection. Interpret customer drawings and specifications, and reference company work instructions and process travelers. Must be able to work off-shift, weekends and holidays when business demands require it.
- Basic blueprint reading & shop math
- Inspect first off parts from manufacturing work centers
- Collect measurement data for use in First Article Inspection (FAI) reports
- Collect and provide data required for critical part Final Inspection Reports (FIRs)
- Complete customer required part to print data form
- Perform in-process inspection on parts at different manufacturing steps
- Inspect in-house and out-sourced parts for production runs
- Review routers to ensure that upstream operations have been completed and signed off
- Complete Discrepant Material Report (DMR) forms for rejected parts
- Inspect outgoing material for packaging and conformance to requirements
- Fill out and file required reports, logs, databases, forms, and documents
- Report safety or process control concerns to the Inspection Team Leader or Plant Quality Manager
- Basic CMM alignment & manual CMM measurements
- Perform additional related duties as assigned
- Comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, Company policy and accepted safe work practices.
RECOMMENDED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector Certification desirable
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1-3 years’ experience performing in-process and final inspection preferably in a machining, automotive or aerospace business
- Basic knowledge of GD&T preferred
- CMM operation experience preferred
- Ability to correctly use and interpret basic measuring tools including height gauge, micrometer, caliper, gauge blocks, thread gauges, surface plate and optical comparator
- Visual inspection experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with fellow employees and customers in a professional manner is essential
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Works under direct supervision of senior inspectors, leads and supervisors
Shoes with ANSI approved toe protection are required on the job.