What You’ll Receive as a Material Handler I:
- M-F, 6AM – 3PM
- Pay Rate: $21/hr
What You’ll Be Doing as a Material Handler I:
- Responsible for sorting, distribution and supplying of materials.
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly through daily completion of 5S duties, including daily review of storage racks/labels, etc.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures, as well as communicate any unusual conditions and potential safety hazards
- Support plant’s Kaizen activities
- Participate in team tier meetings: review daily goals, interrupters, and metrics
- Ownership of incoming Advanced Purchase or application specific parts as well as Kanban material; ensure timely cycling and replenishment of materials, while maintaining accurate records of inventory
- Moving material throughout assigned product lines, as needed; efficiently sort and manage incoming materials to assist in expediting production. This will include daily regular communication and collaboration with the Supervisor, line leads, and the supply chain team to ensure the proper placement/storage of material, and to confirm stock levels of purchased parts.
- Assist in unloading of inbound material trucks
- Handling the disposal of pallets and crates efficiently, emptying scrap bins into scrap containers, and assisting in managing scrap waste of metal and wire
- Work with Supply Chain team to store and manage excess and/or obsolete material per final dispositions
- Recognizing urgent requests from Supervisor and production employees and executing with immediate action and support upon receiving those requests
- Writing DMRs as necessary- responsible for evaluating and reporting damaged or inaccurately ordered incoming material
- Supporting material handling across other lines as necessary, based on production needs or absences and vacations
- Assist with building pallets for production to use
What You’ll Need to Have as a Material Handler I:
- Ability to lift 35 pounds – waist, shoulder, overhead
- Ability to obtain forklift license
- Ability to climb step stools
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and typing ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven history of safe work habits and high dependability
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (inventory, receiving, production
- Knowledge of Kanban, Vista, AS400 or related order-management system
- Certified to operate a Forklift
- Able to work overtime- weekdays and weekend
Subscribe, Follow, Like, Tweet Us!