Newberg, OR 97132
- Starting pay $18-$25/hr. DOE
- Direct or Contract
- Medical, Dental, Vision Available
- Swing & Day shifts
- Gathers and interprets all documentation needed to perform the job.
- Operates CNC mills, lathes, manual mills and lathes, and surface grinders with high proficiency.
- Pulls, prepares, and understands a vast variety of raw material types and compositions in order to be successful at machining any given material.
- Cleans, deburrs, and preps material as needed to remove sharp edges and allow for correct placement and alignment in vises or fixtures.
- Understands thoroughly how to dial in, indicate, and set zeros in order to machine features effectively and accurately.
- Performs a 100% mechanical inspection on complex parts to verify that parts meet engineering GD&T specifications.
- Thoroughly understands how to read and interpret GD&T callouts on part prints in order to effectively qualify parts.
- Performs a variety of routine preventative maintenance on various machine shop tools.
- Performs minor editing of the CNC programs and communicates changes to programmer through company best practices.
- Understands thoroughly how to set up, single block, and prove out first run parts and programs daily including understanding how to read code in order to anticipate future movements.
- Understands and can execute offset changes and material compensations in order to adjust on the fly to maintain 100%-part quality.
- Able to perform any secondary operations as necessary such as pressing, honing, drilling, deburring, sawing, light assembly, etc. to complete processes in their entirety.
- Confers and communicates well with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Provides senior level mentoring and direction to less experienced employees and assists less experienced machinists on running quality parts and set ups.
- Role models excellence in machining from both a technical perspective and a behavioral perspective.
- Initiates process improvements including fixture design, tooling upgrades and works with other support team members to follow through on implementation.
- Basic writing and verbal comprehension required.
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Ability to handle constant deadlines and changing priorities.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Position requires frequent mobility.
- Must be able to lift and carry moderate to heavy loads (up to 50 lbs. frequently; over 50 lbs. occasionally) with or without assistance.