We are looking for highly talented WELDERS to join a Veteran-owned local and international heavy equipment manufacturing company located in Sherwood, OR. This would be an amazing opportunity to get in with a great company with amazing benefits when you convert to being a permanent party - see below! There are a lot of growth opportunities who want to grow with a company long-term. Join us on our journey & let NEXTAFF of Beaverton help you grow. Apply today!
What You’ll Receive as a Welder:
- Starting Pay: $22.00 + (Depending on Experience)
- Mon-Fri: DAY SHIFT (6:00 AM - 2:30 pm)
- Mon- Thurs SWING SHIFT (2:30 PM- 1:00 AM) *Friday (optional for OT)
- LONG TERM OPPORTUNITY due to winning GOV contracts = Job Security
- Located in Sherwood, OR
- Excellent benefits when hired on Individual and Family Medical Benefits, Dental
- 401K with matching
- Vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance
- Paid Holidays and sick pay AND accrued vacation
- Tuition reimbursement for employees AND DEPENDENTS AND SPOUSE
- Up to $1500 cash with good attendance, performance and safety
- Up to $4000 referral bonuses
What You’ll Be Doing as a Welder:
- Work across several product lines welding for Winch, Wagner, Long Reach, Dozer, Freeman, and Marine Crane performing manual and semi-automatic welding processes in welding positions.
- Interpret welding blueprints and perform layout for welding and fitting operations
- Prepare weldments for assembly into structural fabricated products
- Check the quality of all metal parts before assembling them for welding, cutting, or cleaning as necessary. Must maintain dimension, strength, and evenness of surface of the metal parts all throughout.
- Work may require long periods of standing, sitting in awkward positions, bending over and crouching
What You’ll Need to Have as a Welder:
- Experience welding on thick metals (mild/raw steel) with 2+ years doing MIG
- Educational/trade school hands on learning or AAS degree in Welding Technology (Certification is a plus, not required)
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints & weld symbols
- Experience with 0.45, 0.52, 1/16
- Rudimentary math skills will be required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Knowledge of jib and overhead cranes
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work extra hours
- Ability to Pass Background Check and Drug Test
- Must be able to follow safety policies and must be willing to wear PPE. All departments are required to wear eye and hearing protection, steel toed boots, and metatarsal guards.