The Environmental Services Aide maintains environmental and infection control standards within established policies and procedures of the Health System Performs a variety linen tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas of the facility. Performs tasks for the laundry/linen division of the department.
- Sorting linens, towels, clothing and other laundry items by color, size and material
- Wrapping laundry items for pickup or delivery to hospital rooms
- Washing items with commercial laundry equipment following proper sanitization protocols
- Cleaning and maintaining laundry room area and equipment
- Unloading laundry from commercial dryers
- Stocking laundry supplies such as detergent, bleach, laundry bags and fabric softener
- Creating laundry tags with identifiable customer information
- Creating invoices for laundry order
- Restocks linen carts and assembles linen packs for Surgical Services, Outpatient Surgery, Emergency Department, Labor and Delivery and Radiology.
- Ensures the linen is delivered and the correct amount has been received; stocks the linen room and other assigned areas as needed; and gathers all linens from designated areas as assigned.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Stands, turns, bends, stoops, lifts, climbs, and uses many physical motions in performing day-to-day activities.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and do a great deal of walking without experiencing undue fatigue.
- Able to handle objects and tools; regularly moves or lifts to 25 lbs.
- May be exposed to communicable disease or radiation, chemical products, and hazardous/infectious waste.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate, speak, and enunciate to express/exchange ideas and detailed information in person and on the telephone. Work requires a minimum standard of visual acuity, with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires color perception to read measurements; detect dust, debris, etc.; distinguish trash container colors indicating hazardous waste, etc.
- Keen mental faculties/assessment and decision-making abilities
- Superior communication, speaking, and enunciation skills to receive and give information person and by telephone
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must have emotional stability conducive to dealing with high stress levels
- Must demonstrate ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.