JR -IT Help Desk Specialist
DESCRIPTION: The JR IT Help Desk Specialist will apply great customer service skills to support employees, contractors, and temps in a multi-site Windows 7/10 environment. In this workplace, you must have a take-charge and proactive approach and be passionate about information technology and helping people.
• Be the point of contact for tickets, phone calls, and email regarding IT issues and support.
• Level I experience to handle Help/Service desk tickets through resolution or escalation and take ownership of issues with follow-up communication to the requestor on progress and status.
• Setup new hire desktop including computer, desk/cell phone (iOS, Android), and peripheral equipment. • Create Windows logon accounts and configure network access rights as part of the on-boarding process.
• Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office printers and computing equipment with outside vendors.
• Maintain configurations of user computer systems according to established standards.
• Publish support/training documentation to assist users with requests for information and training
• Provide basic in-house training on MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms
• Maintain and monitor assets database to ensure accurate hardware/software inventory records
• Participate in projects as appropriate
• Achieve annual goals and objectives developed in cooperation with IT Management
• Comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, Company policy and accepted safe work practices
• Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
• Limited travel required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 1 years of relevant technical experience and 1 years+ experience working in a Windows environment
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Windows 10 (MCSA) is a plus but not required
• Understanding of network protocols DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, NSLOOKUP, VPN, and Remote Desktop
• Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10, Office365, and Exchange email
• Experience with using and troubleshooting within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
• Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration
• File server folder knowledge such as mapped and UNC Drives
• Problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applicant issues
• Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written to a wide range of end-users
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to deal with customers in a friendly, professional manner