Job Summary: Are you looking for a great organizational culture and simply a great place to work? Check us out and apply for this great Monday-Friday opportunity.
We're looking for a dedicated LPN who strives to provide exceptional care to assisted living residents by providing oversight of their medical and emotional needs by recognizing medical issues and collaborating with the appropriate healthcare providers, family members and/or responsible parties, implementing medical orders, managing and distributing medications.
Facility: This position is located in an upscale assisted living and memory care facility designed to provide high-quality and exceptional care for seniors who have medical, physical, or cognitive needs.
Hours: 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM Weekdays
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee medical care of assisted living residents:
- Act as Supervisor-in-Charge for nursing assistants and med techs on a shift.
- Recognize medical issues as well as monitor the status of chronic illnesses.
- Coordinate with external health care providers such as home health and hospice.
- Communicates any concerns to healthcare providers as well as family members or responsible parties.
- Document daily including, but not limited to, medication administration, nursing notes, communication with healthcare providers and family members/responsible parties plus complete orders.
- Dispense prescribed medications to residents according to doctors’ written orders. Document properly. Provide direct personal assistance and supervision of residents ADLs when necessary, including, but not limited to, bathing, dressing, eating, walking, etc.
- Attend training as required as well as complete all training as scheduled.
- Equivalent to a 4-year high school education.
- Licensed Practical Nurse license required.
- Minimum 1-year supervisory experience in a healthcare environment.
- Minimum 1 year nursing experience in long-term care as a LPN or Med Tech.
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing resident and personal services such as conducting needs assessments and meeting quality standards of service.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures for diagnosis and treatment of physical and mental issues with residents.
- Ability to listen to and comprehend information and ideas presented from residents, family members, co-workers, visitors and medical professionals.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Health Insurance
- EAP -Employee Assistance Program
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Contribution to Health Savings Account
- 401(k) (optional)