Electromechanical Assembly Technician
Healdsburg, CA 95448
The successful candidate must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work as part of a detail-oriented team. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to produce product that meets High Quality Standards.
- Reads and follows processes and performs work as assigned.
- Reads and understands wiring diagrams, assembly drawings and Bills of Materials.
- Builds cable assemblies per customer drawings and work instructions
- Uses various hand tools (cutters, wire strippers, crimpers, screwdrivers, etc.).
- Uses various equipment and machinery necessary to the production of cable assembly.
- Apply appropriate labels, tubing, connectors, and hardware using specified dimensions and locations.
- Solders wires and electronic devices per IPC610 and IPC620 standards.
- Lifts spools of wire and takes them to appropriate destination
- Cuts, strips, crimps, or otherwise assembles the materials to produce sub-assemblies.
- Able to distinguish colors and read small print in order to perform procedural process.
- Places finished goods in the designated area.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Soldering per IPC610 and IPC620 standards. (Okay if certifications are not up to date.)
- Ability to read, write and understand drawings, wiring diagrams, and work instructions, and be able to speak effectively with co-workers, engineering and management staff.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- The position requires a high degree of manual dexterity and hand to eye coordination in order to handle small objects.
- Some assembly experience.
- Ability to use equipment, including hand tools.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Unassisted lifting may be required up to 30 lbs.
- Good vision is required; corrective lenses are acceptable.
- Ability to read wiring schematics is a PLUS.