We are looking for a driver to join a full-service moving and storage company located in Tigard, OR. As the Driver, this position will be responsible in assisting in the packing, loading, unloading and transporting of goods to and from locations as well as inspecting of vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues. If you are looking for a new job, apply today!
What you'll receive:
- Pay: $17-$28/hr
- Shift: Mon-fri, 8 hrs
- Location: Tigard, OR
- DIRECT HIRE
- Medical, Vision, Dental available
What you'll be doing:
- Inspects and operate company equipment and vehicles: performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicle in compliance with DOT standards, ensuring all equipment is operating and that fluids are at proper levels, make recommendations on required maintenance; responsible for ensuring vehicle is cleaned upon return to warehouse including putting equipment away, folding pads, and sweeping out interior; drive vehicle to and from job site.
- Review paperwork on assigned jobs: possess working knowledge of legally required paperwork necessary to complete tasks; review services to be provided and special instructions; determine and load equipment needed for job completion.
- Possess sufficient training and working knowledge on how to prepare, pickup and/or deliver specialized equipment, cargo or furniture.
- Load and unload customer’s goods: complete job as contracted which might include disassembling and reassembling household goods and appliances or equipment installation; requires knowledge of proper methods of loading goods to prevent damage; confirm detailed inventory of goods noting exceptions and damage.
- Maintain good customer relations, conduct self in professional manner, show concern for customer expectations; Maintain communication with sales staff and operations: gather information from salesperson regarding customer; interact with warehouseman regarding storage and equipment; confer with Dispatcher to receive and clarify job assignments and provide input on assigned crew members.
- Complete all required paperwork including DOT log books, Inventory Sheets.
- Collect payment for Cash on Delivery (COD) shipments: use rate chart to compute proper labor charges, total invoice and collect payment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll need:
- Possess current Class A, B or C CDL, with required endorsements.
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations as they pertain to inspections, driving, hours of operation, safety, and paperwork.
- Ability to supervise work of assigned crew.
- Ability to understand and follow directions of supervisor.
- Ability to work as a member of a team to complete assigned tasks in a professional manner.
- Follow directions of warehouse supervisor when receiving and returning equipment or working in warehouse area.
- Physical strength and stamina - Performs very heavy work: frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 100 pounds; required to bend, reach, and twist to load and unload boxes, furniture or equipment from vehicle.
- Constant awareness of safety standards and procedures.
- Passing a drug (THC Included) and background check
Subscribe, Follow, Like, Tweet Us!