Are you a registered nurse looking for a change? We are seeking a Director of Nursing who is committed and dedicated to providing exceptional care to residents in our beautiful and elegant boutique-style retirement community. If you possess strong leadership skills, initiative, creativity, enthusiasm and are truly motivated by serving others, this may just be the job for you!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Coordinate and manage all nursing and assisted living aide services.
- Supervise and assign nursing personnel and assisted living aides in the delivery of care.
- Ensure the evaluation and clinical competence of all nurses and assisted living aides.
- Develop and participate in program planning, budgeting and evaluating activities related to the clinical services provided by the community.
- Provide a monthly report to the Administrator/Program Director with the statistical data with the number of clients and services provided.
- Clinic practice incorporates health assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation and documentation of care.
- Integrates and coordinates care with other members of the health care team, resident and family.
- Reviews and revises care plans or as care needs change and according to individual state regulations.
- Develops and implements policies to ensure the proper handling and care of residents, personnel and visitors involved in accidents/incidents.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure handling of infectious waste and sharps.
Here are our must-haves:
- Registered nurse with geriatric experience and an active Virginia license.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Director level capacity in an assisted living community.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Computer literate, preferably with Microsoft Office Suite, or similar program.
- Demonstrated understanding of elders, frail elders, long-term care issues and needs of persons with Alzheimer’s through experience, volunteer work or training.
Here are your benefits:
- Recognition and Rewards Program
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Pay
- 401k Program
- Associate Discounts
- Education and Training Programs Available