Ocean Springs, MS 39564
- Accountable for the immediate (1 year) and long-range (2 to 5-year) implementation of strategies and achievement of goals as described in The United MSD Foundation’s fundraising strategies
- Utilize and implement current development plan and calendar to achieve fundraising goals within targeted dates. Successfully reach quarterly and annual financial development goals
- Plan and implement regular appeals to solicit private charitable support from a broad base of individuals.
- Coordinate activities with Development Committee Chair and CEO to leverage board and volunteer relationships for successful cultivation and solicitation of donors and prospects.
- Partner with marketing team to include development communications in emails, newsletters and other outreach efforts.
- Prepare for donor meetings, make compelling presentations and pitches, and lead all cultivation and solicitation for prospects.
- Maintain excellent records of activities and manage weekly and monthly reporting to CEO of activities and achievements.
- Oversee all donor communications including, but not limited to donor messaging in newsletters, gift acknowledgement and tax receipt letters, and solicitation messaging.
- Ensure that gifts are correctly documented and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Manage donor stewardship plan to communicate updates, engage volunteers, and grow donations.
- Responsible for development reporting including, but not limited to monthly donation reporting, grant activities reporting, and board and development committee communications.
- Oversee database management, monthly reconciliation of donations with accounting, and setting up reporting scheduling and layout.
- Work with the Development Committee Chair to coordinate committee meetings and communications, schedule meetings, and manage goals and activities.
- Strictly manage and adhere to development budget as approved by Board of Directors.
- Able to become fluent on MSD and the work of The United MSD Foundation and to convey compelling personal stories as well as scientific analysis to external stakeholders.
- Proven and consistent track record in identifying, cultivating, stewarding donors, resulting in funding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey compelling information leveraging data where required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills in developing and managing external relationships, building trust with high-level stakeholders, and conveying compelling opportunities through public speaking engagements, networking events, and other opportunities for relationship development.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and able to work independently within the context of an overall strategy, team environment, and organizational mission.
- Conveys a professional demeanor and high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances; able to represent the organization to the public in a variety of settings.
- Ability to manage a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and timely completion.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work in a close environment, a desire to help others while maintaining focus on his/her own work, and the ability to be flexible and open to advice from others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in development / fund raising in a non-profit environment. Experience raising funds in a scientific or medical related organization preferred.
- Note: This position may either be based within a commutable distance to Ocean Springs, Mississippi or the individual may work remotely if they reside elsewhere in the country.