Chief Engineer (Television)
Corvallis, OR 97219
- $85,000 -$100,000 DOE
- Direct Hire
- Location - Corvallis, Oregon
- Supervise the Broadcast Engineer and spend 25% performing the duties of a Broadcast Engineer. The remaining 75% will be performing administration duties. Must be a creative and visionary thinker with the ability to translate ideas into action.
- Be able to explain highly complex technical projects in easy to understand terms to non-technical colleagues. Serves as FCC-designated Chief Operator for transmitter sites in the Western region. Strong supervisory, management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to guide others through difficult, high stress equipment operations and maintenance.
- Be able to effectively manage complex projects, large budgets, setting and accomplishing goals while managing dynamic priorities. Research new technology. Maintain a good working knowledge of RF and distribution networks.
- Demonstrated skill and successful experience in change management, including creating efficiencies, and implementing new and emerging technologies, including new/revised work processes
- Provide customer service to a wide variety of colleagues, stakeholders, contractors, etc.
- Understanding of federal regulations governing television and radio broadcasting.
- Be able to train a less experience Broadcast Engineer.
- Enthusiasm for the mission
- Minimum of five (5) years combined broadcast experience, maintenance, and supervisory experience. 10 years preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field - Preferred
- Experience in high power RF, microwave and fiber distribution, and remote site management
- Possess knowledge of planning, technical design, construction maintenance and operation of a wide variety of RF systems, including transmitters, microwave systems and fiber distribution network
- Experience with IP-based networking, VPN, and Windows OS management
- Extensive technical skill, specifically regarding the transmission and distribution of microwave, television, and radio signals
- Able to Maintain AM radio transmission systems