Chief Engineer (Television)

Corvallis, OR 97219

Industry: Technical Job Number: AM4097520822 Pay Rate: 90000

Job Description

We are looking for a Chief Engineer for a major broadcast entity that services all of Oregon. We need someone with the experience of a Broadcast Engineer but have strong management skills. As a Chief Engineer, you will need to be open minded to new processes, technology, and be comfortable in recommending new process and practices. Open minded, team player, understanding, and willing to learn new technology is what we are looking for!

What You’ll Receive:
  • $85,000 -$100,000 DOE
  • Direct Hire
  • Location - Corvallis, Oregon
What You’ll Be Doing:
  • Supervise the Broadcast Engineer and spend 25% performing the duties of a Broadcast Engineer.  The remaining 75% will be performing administration duties. Must be a creative and visionary thinker with the ability to translate ideas into action.
  • Be able to explain highly complex technical projects in easy to understand terms to non-technical colleagues. Serves as FCC-designated Chief Operator for transmitter sites in the Western region. Strong supervisory, management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to guide others through difficult, high stress equipment operations and maintenance. 
  • Be able to effectively manage complex projects, large budgets, setting and accomplishing goals while managing dynamic priorities. Research new technology. Maintain a good working knowledge of RF and distribution networks.
  • Demonstrated skill and successful experience in change management, including creating efficiencies, and implementing new and emerging technologies, including new/revised work processes
  • Provide customer service to a wide variety of colleagues, stakeholders, contractors, etc.
  • Understanding of federal regulations governing television and radio broadcasting.
  • Be able to train a less experience Broadcast Engineer.
  • Enthusiasm for the mission
What You’ll Need to Have: 
  • Minimum of five (5) years combined broadcast experience, maintenance, and supervisory experience. 10 years preferred.
  • Bachelor’s degree in related field - Preferred
  • Experience in high power RF, microwave and fiber distribution, and remote site management 
  • Possess knowledge of planning, technical design, construction maintenance and operation of a wide variety of RF systems, including transmitters, microwave systems and fiber distribution network 
  • Experience with IP-based networking, VPN, and Windows OS management
  • Extensive technical skill, specifically regarding the transmission and distribution of microwave, television, and radio signals
  • Able to Maintain AM radio transmission systems

Subscribe, Follow, Like, Tweet Us!

Meet Your Recruiter

Alvin Montances

Apply Online

Send an email reminder to:

Share This Job:

Related Jobs:

Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.