Are you doing high volume machining where it's just absolutely BORING?! We have some interesting work where you're doing low volume high mix - come check this! For this specific client, we are looking for all levels of CNC Machinist. Jr, Mid, and Sr. level machinists are invited to apply. You have to have the desire to be a machinist. Someone that has the drive to make things better! Check out this opportunity located in the Newberg, Oregon area.
What You Will Receive as a CNC Machinist:
- Starting pay 20-40/hr. DOE
- Direct Hire
- Medical, Dental, Vision available
- 401K, PTO, etc…
- Weekend Shift 3:12 / +12% shift differential OR
- Day Shift
What You Will Be Doing as a CNC Machinist: :
- Gathers and interprets all documentation needed to perform the job.
- Operates CNC mills, lathes, manual mills and lathes, and surface grinders with high proficiency. Pulls,
- Cleans, deburrs, and preps material as needed to remove sharp edges and allow for correct placement and alignment in vises or fixtures.
- Performs a 100% mechanical inspection on complex parts to verify that parts meet engineering GD&T specifications.
- Role models excellence in machining from both a technical perspective and a behavioral perspective.
- Performs a variety of routine preventative maintenance on various machine shop tools.
- Performs minor editing of the CNC programs and communicates changes to programmer through company best practices.
- Able to perform any secondary operations as necessary such as pressing, honing, drilling, deburring, sawing, light assembly, etc. to complete processes in their entirety.
- Confers and communicates well with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Initiates process improvements including fixture design, tooling upgrades and works with other support team members to follow through on implementation.
What You Will Need to Have as a CNC Machinist::
- Strong attention to detail, good hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Position requires ability to stand for long durations.
- Must be able to lift and carry moderate to heavy loads (up to 50 lbs. frequently; over 100 lbs. occasionally) with team lift.
- Must have good finger dexterity and be able to use hands to manipulate and make minor machine adjustments.
- Understands thoroughly how to dial in, indicate, and set zeros in order to machine features effectively and accurately.
- Provides senior level mentoring and direction to less experienced employees and assists less experienced machinists on running quality parts and set ups.
- Thoroughly understands how to read and interpret GD&T callouts on part prints in order to effectively qualify parts.
- Understands thoroughly how to set up, single block, and prove out first run parts and programs on a daily basis including understanding how to read code in order to anticipate future movements.
- Understands and is able to execute offset changes and material compensations in order to make adjustments on the fly to maintain 100%-part quality.