$22 for Certified Caregiver/ Med Tech
Nextaff is looking for Certified Caregivers/Med Tech to join our team. We staff for Assisted living facilities in both AL and Memory Care needs. We have various shifts from Full Time, Part Time, and PRN. We offer great wages, W2, medical, vision, dental, and sick pay. We are looking for caring, dedicated, knowledgeable staff that can provide exemptional care to residents. If this sounds like the career for you, join our team and make the difference.
Please ask for details about our Sign on Bonus during your interview!
Assures residents receive optimal care according to their needs, and medications are dispensed appropriately, in a timely, and accurately under the proper guidelines. Provides care and assistance to residents in a compassionate, quality customer service environment that preserves dignity.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Sets up medications and passes them to residents following established policies and procedures.
• Performs narcotic counts at the beginning and end of each shift.
• Orders medications from the pharmacy following community policies.
• Checks MAR’s for errors following community policy.
• Call residents’ families to bring in medication as needed if applicable.
• Pulls expired medication or discontinued medications, and prepares for drug destruction.
• Administers treatments, takes vital signs and weighs residents.
• Documents/charts on residents’ changes and unusual occurrences.
• Documents medical changes and orders on MAR per Dr. orders.
• Assures lab work, faxes, physician orders, and medication orders are completed and filed according to community policies and procedures.
• Schedules doctor appointments as needed.
• Admits new residents per community policy.
• Assists residents with showers, grooming, dressing, and toileting as needed.
• Assists residents with activities of daily living as described on individual care plans.
• Assists with basic cleaning and maintenance issues when needed.
• Cleans up after incidents in a timely, efficient manner while maintaining the dignity of the resident. • Assists residents who have fallen providing safety, security, and compassion.
• Escorts residents to and from the dining room as needed.
• Picks up laundry from the resident’s apartment as needed and transports it to the laundry room.
• Assists in serving meals and beverages and taking meal orders as needed.
• Answers call lights with patience and compassion following company guidelines.
• Listens to residents with empathy and assurance. Follows up with appropriate personnel regarding resident concerns.
• Makes rounds on residents to assure their safety and provide assistance as needed.
• Calls Health Services Director, doctors, and families to inform them of any change in condition, incidents, medications, etc. as needed.
• Attends meetings/in-services/training sessions as required by Health Services Director and/or Executive Director.
• Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information in and out of the community and protects and supports residents’ rights.
• Communicates with residents, families, visitors, and employees in a positive manner using excellent communication skills.
• Provides tours to potential residents and families that show how the resident’s individual needs can be met and promotes the concept of care in the community.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor that encourages a positive, nurturing environment for the residents, families, vendors, and guests.
• Assures excellent customer service by maintaining open and honest communication, answering phones promptly and professionally, and assuring residents, families, physicians, and other employees’ needs are met.
• Demonstrates a SERVANT heart and attitude by following the Bethesda Senior Living Communities’ mission statement. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
• Interpersonal skills to communicate with residents, staff, and families.
• Must show compassion and genuine care for the elderly and disabled.
• Must be knowledgeable of the location of the SDS sheets on hazardous materials and able to understand the guidelines.
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize workload as emergencies arise.
• Ability to work in stressful situations with residents, families, visitors, and other staff.
• Must have knowledge and skills to administer medications safely. Education/Experience High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Certification in medication administration and CPR/First Aid as required per state regulations. Working Environment/Physical Requirements Moderate physical activity is required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently. Must be able to stoop, bend, and reach. Must be able to lift residents in excess of 100 pounds with assistance.
**Gait Belt Training
* PRN Full