Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
Corvallis, OR 97219
- $52,000 - $64,000 DOE
- Direct Hire
- All of company benefits
- Represented by Union
- Day shift
- Equipment testing and optimization for the continued operation of Television broadcast transmission.
- Troubleshoot television broadcast and production equipment to the component level.
Install, configure and test new equipment. Maintaining AM/FM radio transmission systems.
- Set up and operate equipment and transmission links during remote broadcast.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships when performing assigned responsibilities.
- Ensure that critical Company television, recording and editing operations are up and running 24/7.
- Assist in the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance
- Working on high power RF, microwave, fiber distribution, translators, transmitters
- If less experienced, you will be provided OJT by the Chief Engineer
- Ability to meet deadlines
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, broadcast engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related field – Preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot down to the component level. Software, analytical and IT/IP networking skills. Strong logical problem-solving skills. Tech Savvy.
- Knowledgeable in governmental/public file records maintenance, reporting and licensing.
- Experience in thinking critically about systems and workflow and identifying needs for development.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with desire for continuous improvement.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and a focus on business issues.
- Willingness to relocate, live, or travel to Corvallis, OR [no relocations]
- You will undergo a pre-employment background investigation. Be legal to work in the USA
- Must be willing to work holiday or weekends on short notice and may be required to do some local travel.