We are looking for Machine Operators/General Laborers to join our client’s team in Phoenix, AZ.
1st Shift: 5am-1:30pm $13.75/hr
2nd Shift: 1:30pm-10pm $14.00/hr
**Temp to Hire
**Must be able to pass a drug screen and 7-year background check
**Willing to train the right individuals as long as they have previous production experience working with machines.
· Operate high-speed stamping presses and auxiliary equipment producing metal connector plates and steel components with manual and automated packaging processes. Quality awareness and accurate production reporting is a major responsibility.
· Operate a high-speed stamping press and auxiliary equipment with manual and automated packaging processes.
· Meet and/or exceed daily production goals.
· Report all machine malfunctions to mechanics or supervisors.
· Assist mechanics whenever required to keep press/packaging equipment operational.
· Manually pack metal connector plates and/or steel components into packaging containers.
· Strive to keep product waste to a minimum; inspect finished products and mark steel lot numbers on shipping containers.
· Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to work overtime as required, to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Mathematical Skills: Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Comprehend job training and safety instructions.
· Computer Skills: Some PC skills helpful, but not required.
· Other Skills and Abilities: Read a tape measure.
· Other Qualifications: Previous forklift experience preferred but not required.