Nextaff is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, and experienced teacher assistant to join our team for a private school located in Kansas City, MO!
What you'll be doing:
Oversee a group of 30-40 students in an after school daycare setting at The Barstow School split into a class of 5-6 students each. Staff members are expected to:
- Assist in the daily setup/breakdown of our play centers and playground
- Oversee students at their different centers as they play, and provide assistance with homework as needed.
- Provide minor behavior redirection, but all major behavioral issues and parent communication comes from the program directors.
- Our daycare is broken down into 2 age divisions (Preschool-Kindergarten and 1st-8th). Staff must be comfortable working in either division, but we do consider preference when scheduling.
Teaching Assistants are expected to report to the Assistant Director as their direct supervisor.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 2:30PM to 6:00PM
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, public speaking and interpersonal conversation
- Great organization and planning skills
- Collaboration and teamwork abilities
- Ability to engage students of all learning levels and grade levels
- Patience and empathy
- Compassionate, positive and encouraging attitude
WEEKLY PAY OFFERED! BENEFITS AVAILABLE!