Job Number: AP8465711114
Pay Rate: $16 / hour
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Deliver or route materials to departments using hand truck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, storage, or demurrage charges, using computer or price list.
- Compare shipping routes or methods to determine which have the least environmental impact.
- Inspect shipments to ensure correct order fulfillment.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
- Store items.
- Package objects for shipping.
- Record shipping information.
- Respond to customer problems or complaints.
- Deliver items.
- Analyze shipping information to make routing decisions.
- Coordinate shipping activities with external parties.
- Calculate shipping costs.