1. Candidate must have FDA experience and past food production experience.
2. Ideally looking for someone with 5-15 years experience, but are willing to train the right individual.
3. Being self-directed is a must, this role is the location top manager. The owner will office out of this facility, but may only be in the office half of the time.
4. The job requires limited travel, and mainly only to other facilities and conferences.
5. We do not want to relocate for this position.
6. Would prefer the candidate be within a maximum of a 30 minute drive.
7. The individual will manager 20-25 people on 2-3 shifts.
8. This is a DOE salaried position with competitive fringe benefits.
The Plant Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production/manufacturing/warehousing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize teamwork, stewardship, safety, quality, productivity, and cost control.
Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers expectations, including manufacturing and warehousing.
Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
Meet all government requirements for OSHA and FDA, including developing and implementing programs to meet Government requirements.
Be responsible for production output, product food quality and on-time shipping.
Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
Administratively manage all documents and forms necessary to keep processes under control in manufacturing and warehousing. This includes production records and warehousing paperwork and inventory control.
Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff.
Commit to plant safety procedures.
Address employees issues or grievances. Write and issue all employee job appraisals.
Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
Proven managerial experience.
Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
Computer literacy, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.