Job title: Packing Specialist (Shipping and Receiving)
Work Location: Katy, TX
Job Description: A Packing Specialist, is a warehouse employee responsible for fulfilling orders by arranging inventory in shipping containers and preparing them for shipment. Their duties include interpreting work orders to determine which items need to be sent out, performing quality control assessments and packing items safely and securely in the right packaging.
• Coordinate the packing process, set up packing equipment and obtain the proper packaging container(s) per the work order list.
• Monitor container weight during and after the fulfillment process to ensure the proper weight requirements have been met, adjusting product quantity as necessary.
• Complies with all company and departmental safety, quality, productivity and security procedures.
• Ensures accuracy and compliance of operator documentation involving all aspects of the assigned machines. This includes production reports, specification verifications, quality requirements, machine logbooks and checklists
• Communicates all machine and department issues effectively to department managers and supervisors and presents data-based solutions in keeping with Continuous Improvement Objectives
• Understands, monitors and takes full ownership of working environment
• Continuous walking, standing, constant pulling and turning movements
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma
• Must pass a background check
• Applicant must be able to climb a ladder and lift 70 lbs.
• Must have a smart phone and knowledge of mobile apps
Experience in the following a plus but not mandatory:
• Knowledge of sign / graphic industry substrates, media, and products.